Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's a blog!

I have entered the world of the blog.  I've read so many of my friend's blogs.  Some made me laugh, some made me cry, some made me think and some challenged me.  I have thought for a long time that I should write a blog but always stopped short.  Why?  Who would want to read my strange thoughts on life?  Would they make anyone laugh, cry or think?  Or would they just be another piece of evidence that I am truly odd and absolutely "half a bubble off center"?

Half a bubble off center.  Not quite the same as "not the sharpest tool in the shed" or "a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic".  No, I wouldn't say I lack intelligence.  We won't go into whether I use said intelligence to the best of my abilities.  That's a whole 'nother post.  (Did I mention that I have never received a report card that didn't say "Christina does not work up to her full potential".)  No, the title of my blog is just the most accurate description I could come up with for the way my brain works.

No, "Normal" is not a word that pops in people's minds when they think of me.  Some find my special way of looking at things funny.  Some just wonder why my brain works this way.  Some probably wait until I'm gone and then organize a prayer group for me and my poor children.  Perhaps there is hope for them to be "normal".  (Nope, that ship has sailed.  My kids are growing up to be wonderful weirdos too!)

So, for those who decide to take a peek inside my strange thoughts, welcome!  I hope it makes you laugh or think.  Not sure I want anyone to cry but it could happen.  Maybe it will challenge some to see things with a different perspective.  One that is half a bubble off center.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, dear friend! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina - How I miss you from our times at Fort Bragg and PWOC!!! I look forward to reading your thoughts, because I miss that humor of yours! Feel free to check out my blogs at kaycocklin.com!

    ReplyDelete